04 October 2011

Party in the USA

I am getting ready to go off the grid for the next few days: NYC awaits!

My mother is taking me for my first ever trip to the Big Apple this weekend and I couldn't be more excited! We've got a hectic schedule ahead of us that includes sightseeing : a Broadway musical : delicious food : plus lots and lots of shopping!

Following my return from Manhattan I have a boom boom pow of marathons awaiting me: Columbus (fly to Charleston and then driving with SP to race in) Savannah (then fly to LA and heading up to) Malibu with B+J. Then I can breathe for a hot second and stuff my face at Thanksgiving (a holiday for which I am SO SUPER excited this year!) Oh and add Halloween back in there somewhere.

Fast forward to the holidays. And Santa baby I've already started writing up my XMAS list: lots of warm weather gear to help my tackle ... drum roll please ... GORUCK Scavenger: Hunt DC !!! So I actually did it. Took the plunge tonight and registered. And purchased a plane ticket. And booked a hotel.

Note to self: maybe try to show a little bit of self restraint while shopping in NYC this weekend. You've got lots more trips to pay for coming up soon!
So if I'm not on a plane or working - I guess I'd better be working out to keep in shape for all of these amazing events I've got on my calendar!

And if these little get-away vacations aren't enough to look forward to there's already the two Caribbean cruises I have booked for 2012. Heading south in January and May. But we all know there's still lots of time between now and then to book a couple more extravaganzas! Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment