29 June 2011

Never Forget

Sometimes I think that I should quit running. I think that maybe I don't want to do this anymore. I lose motivation. I stop posting miles. I forget why I am doing it all.
I fall out of love with the sport.

And then I experience a workout like the one I completed Sunday.
13 miles and many hours later ... And I am again reminded to never forget these reasons why I love running so much.

> Getting up and getting going.
> Living life on shuffle.
> Feeling the air bursting into my lungs and hearing my heart pounding.
> Feeling my legs and arms and back burning - and then keep on going.
> Stopping to smell the roses (or the hydrangeas or any other type of flower.)
> Never stop smiling at the sight of a tekel.
> Watching the city light up at night.
> Running home in the dark.
> Chasing the sun to race the sunset.
> Taking a detour and enjoying the change of scenery.
> Enjoying the simple things: like a cool sip of fresh water.
> Knowing that I am strong and carrying the weight.
> Smiling at strangers.
> Watching the fireflies come out and light up the night.
> Taking in nature and all of its beauty: from a bunny to a baby deer.
> Feeling connected to those I love (whether they are miles or continents away.)
> Knowing that even if I stop to walk I will make it home.
> Aching for days after = success

I run because it is what I do. And I do it because it is what I love. 
Never forget.

We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves. -Sir Roger Bannister

No comments:

Post a Comment