03 August 2011

Walking for a Cure

I am proud to announce my official registration in the Great Prostate Cancer Challenge - taking place in Cincinnati on September 10! This is the event I am most excited about for the entire Fall season - and I won't even be running! To celebrate my birthday this September I asked my family for only one thing: I want to walk with everyone during this 5K race. The event is called "Dash for Dad." And hopefully I will be dashing with my dad and mom and brother CJ!


This 5K has an incredibly special place in my heart because prostate cancer has played such a major role in my family's history. My mother has dedicated her entire professional career - 31 years - working at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center in the Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, where she conducts clinical research trials and works with patients. In the Spring of 2005 my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Yesterday my family was excited to celebrate the six year anniversary of him living life cancer free!

The "Dash for Dad" series is hosting events across the nation. Be sure to check if they will be visiting a city near you - Join in the race for a great cause!

Visit our team page to learn more about fighting the battle against this disease!

Team Burke
 Help our family as we walk to support those still fighting and work to find a cure! All donations are greatly appreciated! Together we can win this battle!

[132 : 6 : 8.75 : 8.75 : 8.75]

No comments:

Post a Comment